Monday, June 22, 2009

8th wonder of the world

I finally got internet here in Scottland, so Im going to update everyone now!!

We left Ireland about 5 days ago but before we left we saw the most amazing thing I have ever seen in my life.
We took a day trip to the Cliffs of Moher on the weekend. About 12 of us got on a big tour bus at 7am headed for the coast. We drove for a little over an hour and stopped at a truck stop to pick up some snacks and it was back on the road again for a while. It was the longest drive ever...I think, I fell asleep so I was not really watching the time. We stopped in this cute little town called Limerick. That would have been cool if our bus didnt break down there. So we walked around this little town for an hour. We saw a castle and that was about it. There was nothing open because it was a sunday so we wondered and took some pictures, then I bought a baguette and some blackberries that were amazing. We got back on a new bus and were on our way. We stopped at this really cool place right on the ocean called the Barren Land. It was all rock just right on the water with little patches of grass and all of these pretty little flowers growing right out of this rock. It was really cool. We stayed there for a little while before taking another ride to a little lunch spot where I had some seafood chowder, it was really good. We finally left to go to the most beautiful place in the world. We got to the cliffs and went over to look but there was this big wall and there was really not a lot to see. So we did what any good tourist would do...we went to the end of this "safety wall" and climbed right over it! There was a little sign telling us not to so we took a picture with the sign and walked along the edge of the cliffs. It was AMAZING, and so worth climbing over the wall because you could see everything. I took 100000 pictures but none of them really capture how beautiful it was up there. We all sat there and tried to take everything in. I cant even explain what I was looking at. We only had an hour to look around and an hour is not long enough. We ran back to the bus because we were late. We drove all the way back to Dublin and it took sooo long, I slept again. I think that was the most I have ever slept in a car in my life.

We also went to the Guiness factory and went on a tour. It was pretty cool but Heineken was a better tour. At the end we went into the gravity bar and you could see all of Dublin from up there. It was really cool. Im not the biggest fan of Guiness but I did try it in Dublin...and probably will not be drinking it again!

The Temple Bar area was really cool, the music was amazing, the food was not bad, the drinks were expensive, the senery was unbelievable and I LOVE DUBLIN!!!!!!

Peace
MalMil

No comments:

Post a Comment