Sunday, June 7, 2009

This is a long one...

So I have been too busy/tired to sit and update this so here it goes!

Starting with Billy Elliott.  So amazing.  This little boy was the best dancer ever. I kid you not...EVER.  He danced like a 25 year old professional.  His best friend was also really really good and the Grandma was my favorite!  It was all around amazing.  One of the best plays I've seen in a while.

Speaking of BEST plays EVER...I also saw Wicked FINALLY.  I have been trying to see this play since I was a senior at West Seattle...and 4 years later, I saw it in LONDON!  It was so good.  Great story line that overlapped with The Wizard of OZ, it was very clever.  I already knew all of the music so it was nice to see it performed.  

Since we are leaving on Wednesday for Ireland we have been running out of time here in London.  There is so much that I want to do still.  But we did do a few really cool things.  I got to go to Abbey Road!  This was the best day of my life I swear.  I was freaking out and everyone thought I was so funny.  I wrote on the wall and walked across the cross walk and everything.  then I went to this Beatles Coffee shop where they had all of this cool merchandise and I got my Beatles souvenirs.  

Also went to a museum that was basically a time machine.  you walk through and there are all kinds of products and ads in the cases.  When you start the stuff is all from the 20s and older, then its moves through time and you can see how everything changes.  There was also a huge Beatles case there, I got a lot of pictures of that!  It was really cool there, seeing what my parents and grandparents had and used, and talk about.  I took a bunch of pictures there.  the last little bit was all products through time together.  Like there were pepsi and coke cans from the 1st one until now all in a like.    candy, alcohol, a lots of food products, cleaning supplies...everything!  It was really cool.  After the Branding and Advertising museum we went into a bunch of really cool vintage shops by Notting Hill and had pizza for lunch.

We have also been looking up the "cool" clubs to go to here.  The techno places or "base and drum"  I cant tell the difference between the two though, its all crazy dance music.  We looked up places the stars and the princes go to also.  Well we havent really been to a lot of those places but we did go to a couple cool ones.  KU is a gay club that we went to that was pretty fun, it was in China Town.  Koko was my favorite.  it used to be an old theatre, they just took out all of the seats, there was live music when we got there and then a really good DJ and a screen playing some crazy stuff.  It was really pretty inside and you could go all the way up to the balconies and stuff, it was huge.  We also went to Ice Bar London.  There is a 40min maximum that you can stay in there.  The cups and chairs and walls and the bar, really EVERYTHING is ice.  They give you these coats with fur hoods and gloves, it was really fun but everyone was soooo cold.  

We went to the London Aquarium that was soooo cool.  It was HUGE and they had the biggest tanks everywhere.  It was the best aquarium I have been in.  We were too late to go to the movie museum after that so we will go this week before we leave. Today we went to the Science museum where they had a big wallace and gromit exibit that was all interactive for kids and it was the best part!  The rest of the museum got boring for me because it was all crazy math stuff and things that didnt make sense, but it was still interesting.  I just didnt know what I was looking at half of the time! haha.  Then we went to the Natural History Museum.  It was so big we didnt see it all.  The animals and the dinosaurs were my favorite part.  It was really cool.  Made me think of night at the museum.  There was a butterfly house there too that was cool because there were other animals in it too like this fat frog and spiders and lizards.  Other animals that live in the rainforest with the butterflies in there.

Wow!  OK  I think thats it for now...Im sure I forgot something and I will add it later!
Im having the best time!

Peace 
MalMil

1 comment:

  1. I was watching the Tony awards last night and they had a dance scene from Billy Elliot. It looked like he was trying to get through a group of policeman and their sheilds. It was a very intenese scene. Feel asleep before I could see if it won an award or not, will have to look at the paper to see for sure.......and Wicked! I am so jealous. Rent is in SEattle again and Hattie is clamouring to see, I may surprise her. Great we are seeing something old that we have seen before and you are getting to see everything on my list! I am jealous.
    I am interested in the ice bar. Dad and I were watching something on the food channel about ice restaurants/bars, looks very interesting, also saw your pictures, you all looked so cute in your blue capes with fake fur trimming. What were you drinking in the ice cups?
    The museums sound interesting, all of them. It osunds as if you have certainly made a dent in London, did you leave any stone unturned for your next trip back? I am sure you did.
    Big Love Mom

    ReplyDelete