Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ireland...finally

I got to wake up at 4 in the morning today and drag my heavy suitcase bag and purse, into a tiny elevator then get them on a bus, off the bus, into the airport (my bag is still underweight, YES) out of the other airport, onto another bus, off of that bus, up a light of stairs and into my new room.  that only took about 6 hours!  Crazy! 

Now I know that I have said that I want to live everywhere I have been so far...and I have only been in Ireland for a few hours...but I want to live here so bad.  I am going to get a little flat that is covered in ivy with a lime green door and flower boxes under my windows and on my mini balcony.  It is so pretty here.  we have to take a 20 minute bus ride to get into downtown Dublin and the ride is really pretty.  I love the change in accent from British to Irish.  I just love accents in general.  

The ride from the airport to our place really reminded me of Seattle, more than anything else has so far.  It was nice and sunny when we arrived.  We went to dinner and stopped to look at a pub but didnt get anything to drink...we did get some free post cards from the nice bar tender who loved us because we were from America.  The people here are so friendly, I love it.  by the time we got downtown to eat it was raining, but it was the best rain ever.  Thick, heavy drops, but it was still raining slowly so it wasnt crazy, I loved it.  We had class in the grass today too when it was sunny.  It was great.  I am really looking forward to this week.  I am sad that we are only in Ireland for 7 days though.  Then its off to Edinburgh for 10 more days and its all over.  Its going by so fast, I cant believe it.  I dont want to leave yet.  I have so much to do still.  I am trying to devise a secret "how to miss the plane" plan for us so we can just stay here!  :) 

Peace 
MalMil

2 comments:

  1. Well my little Irish Fairy has finally landed. I swear you have always had a bit of "Irish" in you. Remember when you went through that faze where you called Dad, MeDa, just like the Irish.
    I love that you are already mourning the loss of leaving Ireland, Hazel would love hearing that!
    Only a Seattlite would love "thick heavy raindrops"!
    ...........and listen her Missy, you had better not miss that plane!
    Love you Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mallory! Sorry I never post, I only get to a comp. maybe once a week and for only about 20 minutes. But I;ve been trying to catch myself up. I'm soo jealous that you are in Ireland. We will have to make a plan where you will take me back to Ireland and I will take you to Africa with me!

    ReplyDelete