Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"You sound like your from London!!"

So we found our common room a couple days before we are leaving for Ireland...and it is soooo cool.  There is a flat screen TV with crazy cable and movie channels and everything.  Too bad we are leaving because for the past couple of nights there have been tons of people in there watching movies and studying for our midterms...yes midterms.  That means we are already half way done :( so sad.  I cant wait to come back here and finish my trip!  There is just so much to do here its crazy.

After my midterm in pop culture I went off by myself to explore for my last day in London.  Plus everyone else went shopping because they are running out of cloths...I just did laundry.  I went to the Movium (movie museum) and I love movies so it was really cool.  They had a Harry Potter exhibit and a Beatles exhibit and a pirates exhibit and and animation section!  All of my favorites.  It was really cool I loved it!  I got a lot of pretty good pictures.  But seeing the Harry Potter section made me really want to try and get to platform 9 and 3/4.  So I decided I could find it in an hour and a half before I had to meet the group for another museum.  So I took the tube to another tube and took that one to Kings Cross.  I got off and asked 3 different guys who worked there where I could find the platform.  They directed me there and it was so cool.  Since I was all by myself I asked some strangers (tourists) to take my picture for me.  But it turned out a little blurry.  Oh well.  It was worth it.  I was pushing my cart into the platform so I could get to the Hogwarts Express and go to school!!

After my Harry Potter adventure I had to get back to Kensington where we are staying to meet up with everyone because we had a tour at the Tate Modern Museum.  so I took the tube to meet them.  I got there 10 minutes early.  Perfect timing.  We went to the Tate and got a little tour but it was a little disappointing because the lady was showing us all of these painting that we have already learned about like Monet and Andy Warhol but I really wanted to see the ones that we not so famous.  So when it was over I walked through with a couple of girls, it was really cool.  Well guess who was in the museum at the same time as us with his kids (AND WE MISSED HIM) Jude Law!!  of corse.  Victoria and Amy were late to the tour and they saw him coming out when they got there.  WE MISSED JUDE LAW!  uhhhggg,  I just wanna see someone famous and cool!  that is my new goal! haha

Well it was our last day in London and we are leaving at 4 am (4 hours from now) to get on a bus then a plane then another bus.  But I am super excited to explore Dublin!

FINALLY DUBLIN!  I feel like Ive been waiting for this moment my whole life!!!!

Peace 
MalMil

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the laugh out loud....of course you did laundry!
    I am so proud of you, to take off and explore like that, you have become such an amazing women!
    I know you have enjoyed ever second of London, I hope Ireland proves to be half as amazing.
    Who care if the picture is blurry, you and Harry!
    Much Love Safe journey,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete